Monday, June 9, 2008

abstract

Disrespect

Intro

In society today women are taken for granted and are used as sex symbols. It is sad because our younger generation is already feeding on these ideologies that are being portrayed on music videos, movies, and media period. As a man I am embarrassed by the way some men are representing us men. Men today are looked at as “dogs”, assholes, and to some women perverted. It is time for us men to wake up and realize what are doing to our women and look at the image we are creating for our younger men growing up. I picked the word disrespect for the title of my paper because when I look at these music videos, movies and the media, disrespect is what we are doing to our women. Us as men need to look at the big picture instead of adding to the picture. It is sad that women today have accepted the fact that it is ok to promote their body on television and in magazines for the public to see. I was always told that a woman’s body is secret and special, but the media has destroyed that ideology and made women think that money makes it ok. For women to get back the respect that they deserve, it has to start with us men first. Until us as men step to the plate and be the man that we say we are, women will forever be disrespected. For my final project I am going to put together a power point explaining and showing how we are disrespecting our women today. I will have movie clips and interviews of my peers to get their thoughts, perspectives and opinions on how we treat women today.

Books

Conquest
Oppression

Videos

Boyz in the hood
Menace to society
Baby boy
Interviews

No comments: