Thursday, June 12, 2008

gay sexism

I have never thought gay men were sexist against women. I always thought they loved women and wanted to be like them. The author talks about 3 ways that gay men can be sexist. The first is by ignoring them. The author says that gay men can ignore women easier that straight men because they are not attracted to women. The second way is mocking women’s attractiveness. One way gay men do this is dressing as a drag queen. I always thought it was just something that they did for fun. The author explains that drag can be a put down for women. The last type of seism he talks about involes gay men calling other gay men feminine names. I don’t really agree with his ideas of gay sexism. From my experiences, it has always appeared that gay men respected women more and can form better friendships with women.

No comments: